LATEST NEWS – June 30, 2022 – Announcement made by Orange County Health Care Agency
Effective July 1, 2022, all individual student Covid-19 case reporting to the county is no longer required. Schools are still required, as with other communicable diseases, to report outbreaks. The current definition of a COVID-19 outbreak is; 3 or more cases within a group (e.g. classroom, team, activity group) that test COVID-19 positive within 14 days.
February 28, 2022 – Announcement made by Governor Gavin Newsom
- Masks are available in classrooms and all areas on campus to students, staff, and visitors
- Hand hygiene is reinforced in classrooms and across the campus
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• New loss of taste or smell
• Fever or chills
• Muscle or body aches
• Sore throat
• Congestion or runny nose
• Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea
Please call attendance:
To report a student’s absence due to quarantine – it is not necessary to call in each day.
Please contact the health office:
To report a positive Covid case use the Covid Positive Reporting Form below.
- Complete this form if your student tests positive for COVID
- After submitting the Covid Positive Report you will receive direction with dates to return to campus.
- You May return after a full 10-day quarantine
- No testing required
- Students are eligible for a shortened 5-day quarantine with a return on day 6 if you meet all requirements outlined below:
- You must have improved symptoms AND
- be fever-free for the last 24 hours without the help of medicine AND
- wear a mask indoors/outdoors for 5 more days AND
- have a negative covid test (antigen test recommended, home tests accepted)
- Submit a photo of the negative test result via text or email on or after 5 days of the first date of symptoms or the date of your positive test
- Label the test with the date and student’s first and last legal names
- Results may be emailed to: [email protected] AND [email protected] OR texted to: 714-955-3019
- Please wait until the health office has cleared you via email/text message confirmation prior to returning to campus
Parents are required to complete the covid screening form regarding their student-athletes symptom severity, and depending on the severity then next steps can be taken. The parent screening form must be turned into the athletic training staff and athletes may need to follow up with an MD/DO and complete a return to play depending on severity.
• PCR tests work by directly detecting the viral genetic material (RNA)
• Antigen tests work by detecting specific proteins on the surface of the virus
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) • https://schools.covid19.ca.gov/
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) • https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-childcare/
Orange County Department of Education • OCDE Newsroom – Education news from Orange County and beyond
Guidelines for 2021-2022 School Year