Social & Emotional Wellness
Mater Dei High School strives to provide its students, families, and faculty members with as much supportive help as possible and is aware that today's stressful lifestyles make that support more and more necessary. Our students’ mental health is as important as their physical health. It’s not always obvious when a child is struggling emotionally but recognizing the symptoms and seeking early and effective mental health services are important for long-term wellbeing.
MD’s Counseling Team works with Mater Dei students to help them learn how to:
- understand how to set goals and an action plan
- learn how to use interpersonal skills with peers, teachers, coaches, etc.
- develop a growth mindset
- apply stress management
- demonstrate the ability to take responsibility
- skills for managing life as a young adult
- compare different definitions of success
- define personal values, beliefs, and life goals
- understand the stress response and learn techniques for managing stress and conflict
For additional resources, visit our CHOC Psychology page and our virtual calming room