Financial Aid Information
Mater Dei High School uses FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to conduct financial need analysis. The application process for financial aid is separate from the admissions process. Please understand that financial aid grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those who qualify.
New families may begin the financial aid process before the official notification of their student’s acceptance and final registration. However, they must complete the entire admission application and be accepted to Mater Dei before they will hear back from the financial review committee on their potential financial aid grant. It is advised that families work on admissions and financial aid applications concurrently. Returning families must re-apply for financial aid each year.
As stated above, need based financial aid is available on a first-come, first-served basis to those who. The deadline for completed packets is February 28, 2021.
We continue to accept and review financial aid applications beyond this date. However, given the demand for need-based financial aid, we make every attempt to provide assistance to qualified families, but strongly encourage applicants to comply with deadlines and required paperwork.
Families that submit their financial aid application with the proper supporting documents after the deadline run the risk of not receiving financial aid for the next school year.
Financial Aid Application Process & Notification
Visit FACTS website by CLICKING HERE to create your account and apply online.
2. The following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
- Copies of your 2021 Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of your 2021 W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Alimony, Child Support, Disability Income, Social Security Income, Worker’s Compensation, Food Stamps, Welfare, Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF), housing assistance, recently sold a business or home, inherited money, or if you receive income from renting a room out in your home.
All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf format online. Documentation can also be faxed to (866) 315-9264 or mailed to:
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
Please be sure to include the applicant ID on all faxed or mailed correspondence. FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will ONLY review completed applications with ALL supporting documents required.
3. Completed financial aid applications (for new and returning students) must be submitted to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by February 28, 2021. However, FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will continue to receive financial aid applications after the deadline. NOTE: Completed financial applications require a copy of the completed 2021 Federal Tax Return and W2s.
4. FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment reviews and provides an evaluation to Mater Dei on each application. Based on this evaluation, the funds available for aid, and the number of families applying, a decision is made by the school's Financial Review Committee on the amount of financial aid granted and families who qualify are notified.
Notification of Financial Aid to Families
Incoming freshmen families who complete their admissions packet prior to our first entrance exam and submit the completed application to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment on or before Feb. 28, 2021 should know of their admissions and financial aid status during registration which takes place in April, 2021. Please make your tax appointments early (for your 2020 taxes) if you wish to be notified of your financial aid status by April, 2021.
Returning families seeking financial aid should follow the same steps listed above. Notification of financial aid status for returning families who submit their paperwork to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment in good order by the February 28 deadline should occur in April/May, 2021.
Should you have questions about tuition and need based financial aid, please contact Janet Cruz at (714) 850-9504 or Jackie Tran at (714) 850-9506.
If you have questions about your file after it is received at FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at (866) 441-4637.
There are two grants available through the Advancement & Alumni Office; Alumni Heritage Fund and the Mater Dei Lettermen's Club Grants. These are internal grant programs made possible by the generosity of MD benefactors, alumni, and the administration.
Recipients must apply for need-based financial aid through FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment in order to be considered for these additional grants.