Financial Aid Information
2024-2025 Financial Aid Applications Available October 11, 2023!
Dear Parents/ Guardians,
In the Catholic spirit of the school, Mater Dei seeks to help families make Mater Dei High School a reality where it would otherwise not be. This is accomplished through our need-based financial aid program. If you are hoping to send your child to Mater Dei, but are unsure if it is a financial possibility, we encourage you to continue reading.
Financial aid applications for the 2024-2025 academic year will open in October 2023. We encourage our families to mark their calendars and ensure they submit their applications promptly when the portal becomes available.
Wishing you all the best for the upcoming academic year.
Grant & Aid Assessment
Mater Dei High School uses FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to conduct financial need analysis. The application process for financial aid is separate from the admissions process. Please understand that financial aid grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those who qualify.
New families may begin the financial aid process before the official notification of their student’s acceptance and final registration. However, they must be Early Qualified by Mater Dei before they will hear back from the financial review committee on their potential financial aid grant. It is advised that families work on admissions and financial aid applications concurrently. Returning families must re-apply for financial aid each year.
As stated above, need based financial aid is available on a first-come, first-served basis to those families who qualify. The deadline for completed packets is December 11, 2023.
We continue to accept and review financial aid applications beyond this date. However, given the demand for need-based financial aid, we make every attempt to provide assistance to qualified families, but strongly encourage applicants to comply with deadlines and required paperwork. For incoming freshman families, if you do not meet the December 11, 2023 deadline, you may be notified of your financial aid grant after February 23, 2024.
Families that submit their financial aid application with the proper supporting documents after the deadline run the risk of not receiving financial aid for the next school year.
Financial Aid Application Process & Notification
How to Apply for Need-Based Financial Aid
1. A link to start the financial aid application on Mater Dei's FACTS Tuition Management website will be available here on October 11, 2023.
2. The following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
- Copies of your 2022 Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of your 2022 W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Alimony, Child Support, Disability Income, Social Security Income, Worker’s Compensation, Food Stamps, Welfare, Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF), housing assistance, recently sold a business or home, inherited money, or if you receive income from renting a room out in your home.
All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf format online. Documentation can also be faxed to (866) 315-9264 or mailed to:
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
Please be sure to include the applicant ID on all faxed or mailed correspondence. FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will ONLY review completed applications with ALL supporting documents required.
3. Completed financial aid applications (for new and returning students) must be submitted to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by December 11, 2023. However, FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will continue to receive financial aid applications after the deadline. NOTE: Completed financial applications require a copy of the completed 2022 Federal Tax Return and W2s.
4. FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment reviews and provides an evaluation to Mater Dei on each application. Based on this evaluation, the funds available for aid, and the number of families applying, a decision is made by the school's Financial Review Committee on the amount of financial aid granted and families who qualify are notified.
Notification of Financial Aid to Families
Incoming freshmen families who are Early Qualified prior to our first entrance exam and submit the completed application to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment on or before December 11, 2023 will be informed of their admissions and financial aid grant on February 23, 2024.
Returning families seeking financial aid should follow the same steps listed above. Notification of financial aid grants for returning families who submit their paperwork to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment in good order by the December 11, 2023 deadline will be informed of their financial aid grant in March 2024.
We are pleased to inform you about a recent tax bill that introduces a noteworthy provision tailored to families paying private school tuition. The 529 plan, a valuable educational savings option that allows parents to contribute with after-tax dollars, has undergone an expansion. This development translates to the advantage of your money growing tax-free, exempt from capital gains taxes when utilized for higher education expenses.
With the new tax bill in place, families now have the opportunity to withdraw up to $10,000 annually (per child) from the 529 plan, specifically for private or religious school expenses. Notably, the tax benefits applicable for higher education expenses will also be extended to these withdrawals.
We highly encourage all our families to delve into the 529 plan strategy and engage in discussions with your tax professional. By doing so, you can gain a comprehensive understanding of the potential tax benefits awaiting you in light of these recent changes.
Should you have questions about tuition and need based financial aid, please contact Janet Cruz at (714) 850-9504 or Jackie Tran at (714) 850-9506.
If you have questions about your file after it is received at FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at (866) 441-4637.
Additional Grant Opportunities:
There are two grants available through the Advancement & Alumni Office; These are internal grant programs made possible by the generosity of MD benefactors, alumni, and the administration. Applications deadline is Friday, December 11, 2023.
Learn more - Alumni Heritage Fund (AHF) and the Mater Dei Lettermen's Club (LC) Grants.
To be considered for these additional grants, recipients must apply for need-based financial aid through FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by Monday, December 11, 2023.