Financial Aid Information
The FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will again be conducting the financial aid need analysis for Mater Dei High School for the 2020-21 school year. *The 2020-21 Financial Aid application will be available in November.* Once it is available, applicants can apply online by clicking the FACTS link at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3CZRQ. Once an online application has been completed, the following information will need to be sent to FACTS to complete the application process:
- Copies of your 2019 Federal tax forms including all supporting tax schedules.
- Copies of your 2019 W-2 forms for both you and your spouse.
- Copies of supporting documentation for Alimony, Child Support, Disability Income, Social Security Income, Worker’s Compensation, Food Stamps, Welfare, Temporary Aid for Needy Families (TANF), housing assistance, recently sold a business or home, inherited money, or if you receive income from renting a room out in your home.
All supporting documentation can be uploaded in pdf format online. Documentation can also be faxed to (866) 315-9264 or mailed to the address below. Please be sure to include the applicant ID on all faxed or mailed correspondence.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment
P.O. Box 82524
Lincoln, NE 68501-2524
If you have questions or concerns about the application process, you may speak with a FACTS Customer Care Representative at (866) 441-4637.
The application process for financial aid is separate from the admissions process. New families may begin the financial aid process before the official notification of their student’s acceptance and final registration. However, they must complete the entire admission application and be accepted to Mater Dei before they will hear back from the financial review committee on their potential financial aid grant. It is advised that families work on admissions and financial aid applications concurrently.
CLICK HERE to review financial aid frequently asked questions.
Financial Aid Process
- Returning families must re-apply for financial aid each year.
- Completed financial aid applications (for new and returning students) must be submitted to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment by February 15, 2020. However, FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will continue to receive financial aid applications after the deadline. Please understand that financial aid grants will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those who qualify. See submission instructions below. NOTE: Completed financial applications require a copy of the completed 2019 Federal Tax Return and W2s.
- FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment reviews and provides an evaluation to Mater Dei on each application. Based on this evaluation, the funds available for aid, and the number of families applying, a decision is made by the school's Financial Review Committee on the amount of financial aid granted and families who qualify are notified.
Please note: To receive the Catholic tuition rate, you must submit the Parish Verification Form or a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate to the admissions office by February 15, 2020. The Financial Review Committee evaluates financial aid applications based on the information provided at the time of the initial filing. Information (baptismal or parish form status) provided AFTER families have been notified of their financial aid grant will reduce the total amount of the award by $1,400 (the difference of the Catholic and Non Catholic Tuition Rate).
Financial Aid Applications for the 2020-2021 School Year
Applicants can apply online by clicking the FACTS link at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3CZRQ.
As stated above, need based financial aid is available on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for completed packets is February 15, 2020.
PLEASE NOTE: We continue to accept and review financial aid applications beyond this date. However, please understand that grants are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to those who qualify.
In addition, families that submit their financial aid application with the proper supporting documents after the deadline run the risk of not receiving financial aid for the next school year. Given the demand for need-based financial aid, we make every attempt to provide assistance to qualified families, but strongly encourage applicants to comply with deadlines and required paperwork.
FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment will ONLY review completed applications with ALL supporting documents required.
Notification of Financial Aid to Families
- Incoming freshmen families who complete their admissions packet prior to our first entrance exam and submit the completed application to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment on or before Feb. 15, 2020 should know of their admissions and financial aid status during registration which takes place in April, 2020. Please make your tax appointments early (for your 2019 taxes) if you wish to be notified of your financial aid status by April, 2020.
- Returning families seeking financial aid should follow the same steps listed above. Notification of financial aid status for returning families who submit their paperwork to FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment in good order by the February 15 deadline should occur in April/May, 2020.
Should you have questions about tuition and need based financial aid, please contact Janet Cruz at (714) 850-9504 or Jackie Tran at (714) 850-9506.
Should you have questions about your file after it is received at FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment, please call (866) 441-4637.
There are two grants available through the Advancement & Alumni Office; Alumni Heritage Fund and the Mater Dei Lettermen's Club Grants. These are internal grant programs made possible by the generosity of MD benefactors, alumni, and the administration. Recipients must apply for need-based financial aid through FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment in order to be considered for these additional grants. Please note, both of the applications below are due on Friday, March 20 by 4 p.m.
Click here to apply for fall 2020: