Getting involved with the Surf Club and Team
The Surf Club and Team is open to students of all skill levels, which are eager to improve their surfing abilities; as well as, compete in a laid-back contest setting.
The more involvement the Surf Club and Team have from students and parents, the stronger the program will become.
Students can actively be involved by taking a position within the club as an officer. They are given the opportunity to help organize and plan events, as well as help us recruit additional members and sponsors.
Parents can be involved by becoming chaperones or assistant coaches. There is some paperwork involved, but the more chaperones we have, the better we are able to ensure a successful program.
- Surf weekly at Brookhurst Street (HB State Beach, Tower 5) and other local surf spots.
- Polo Shirt, T-shirt, Sweatshirt, and End-of-the-Season Dinner.
- Possible sponsorships with local surf shops, as well as, major surf industry companies.
- The following officers will be selected each year by the head coach and previous club officers: President, Vice President, Secretary and Team Captain.
Contest Season: October through December
Practices/Contests: 2 to 3 days a week: 6:15 – 7:45 a.m Block 1 (Red Schedule).
The Team consists of the following divisions:
- Boys Short board: 12 + 3 alternates (top 6 will be in league finals)
- Boys Long board: 3 + 2 alternates (top 2 will be in league finals)
- Girls Short board: 3 + 2 alternates (top 2 will be in league finals)
- Girls Long board: 3 + 2 alternates (top 2 will be in league finals)
- Boys Body board: 3 + 2 alternates (top 2 will be in league finals)
Team numbers are subject to change, depending on team sizes in the Seaview Surfing League. The other schools in our league include: Long Beach Wilson, Los Alamitos, Corona Del Mar, Long Beach Poly, Long Beach Millikan and Orange Lutheran.