Virtual Calming Room
There are many benefits to Mindfulness. Below are the top 5 benefits according to Mindful.org
What are the benefits of mindfulness meditation?
- Understand: Meditation may help you to quiet the noise going on in your head and help you understand what is really bothering you
- Lower Stress: Breathing in a controlled way may lower stress
- Connect better: Meditation provides clarity
- Improve focus: Meditation hones our innate ability to focus.
Reduce Brain Chatter: Meditation is a great way to quiet the chatter!
Square Breathing Exercise for Relaxation
1. Sit comfortably in a chair, with your feet on the floor and hands in your lap.
2. Inhale slowly through the nose for a count of four, allowing the air to fill your belly.
3. Hold the breath in for a count of four.
4. Exhale slowly through the mouth for a count of four.
5. As you breathe, visualize a healing blue or white light washing over your body. Finally, hold the breath for a count of four.
6. Repeat the sequence for four minutes.
7. Ideally, repeat the exercise for four minutes, four times a day.
8. Consequently, practicing Square Breathing several times daily will help you become calmer and more relaxed.
Self Awareness Exercise
Body Scan Visualization for Relaxation
- Find a private, calm space and get settled in a comfortable position, seated or lying on your back.
- Close your eyes and take a few slow, deep breaths.
- Imagine yourself in a beautiful location, one of your favorite places to be. It might be a beach, the woods, or a cozy spot in your home or a loved one’s home.
- Visualize the environment around you. Imagine the sound of the waves, or the rustling of the wind in the trees. Feel the warmth of the sun on your face, or the coolness of the ocean spray.
- Stay in the scene, visualizing every aspect of it.
- Remember that you can return to this place whenever you want or need to relax.