Credit Advancement courses are classes that students have not taken previously and are taking to advance their coursework. If a student drops or does not pass the course, it will not appear on their transcript.
For Credit Advancement Course Descriptions please see the Course Offerings page.
2020 Credit Advancement Class Schedule
All Advancement courses run June 22nd-July 24th online
Mater Dei students must meet all prerequisites to take these courses for credit. Please check the MD Course Catalog for prerequisites.
Any questions? Please ask firstname.lastname@example.org.
All courses, except Art 1, require registration in two semesters.
- SPANISH 3 Monday - Friday, 10:30 am - 12:50 pm
- SPANISH 4 Monday - Friday, 10:30 am - 12:50 pm
- ALGEBRA 1B Monday - Friday, 8:00 am- 11:30 am
- Geometry Option 1: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- Geometry Option 2: Monday - Friday, 12:00 pm-3:00 pm (Option 2 added as of 6/5)
- ALGEBRA II/TRIGONOMETRY Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- TRIGONOMETRY Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 11:00 am (Note: only taken if a student has already completed Algebra 2 without trigonometry portion; taken for possible advancement to Precalculus)
- STATISTICS Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 11:00am
- PRECALCULUS Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- CHEMISTRY Monday/Wednesday/Thursday, 8:00 am -12:30 pm; Tuesday/Friday, 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- PHYSICS Monday - Friday, 1:00pm - 4:00pm
- ART I Semester 1: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 10:20 am, Semester 2: Monday - Friday, 10:30 am - 12:50 pm [Notes: students taking Art I may split the course into two Summers; Art 1 will be available in a fully digital format. To participate, students will need a tablet (iPad or other type of touchscreen tablet) and a stylus (should have a pointed tip like an Apple pencil)]
Credit Advancement FAQs:
Credit Advancement FAQs:
Since they cover either one or two semesters of material, Credit Advancement courses will require a substantial amount of homework. These courses may require longer online course meetings and if that is the case, instructors will build in breaks or allow breaks as needed.
Trying to work around busy Summer schedules? Check with coaches of Summer athletic camps if there is a slight overlap in times. Any planned absences of more than 3 days need to be cleared with the Summer School Office email@example.com in advance and should be noted on the registration form.
How do Mater Dei students qualify for an Honors Math placement in the Fall?
In order to qualify for an Honors placement in the fall, you must achieve an A in the class plus an 80% or higher on the final exam with teacher recommendation. For any challenges to this placement, you may contact the Math Department Chair, Mrs. Reese firstname.lastname@example.org
Looking for more ways to get ahead? Check out our Workshops!