Dear Parents of current Mater Dei students in grades 9-12,
We are excited for Summer 2018 and wanted to ensure that you are aware of the opportunities that Mater Dei’s Summer School offers your student(s).
Mater Dei’s Summer School offers FOUR types of opportunities:
- Recovering credits from any previous D or F grades
- Getting ahead in coursework
- Preparing for success in the next school year, for College Applications, and for Life after high school
- Exploring interests outside of the regular school year (we have Workshops in Biotechnology, Art, and Astronomy!)
- If your student needs to recover credits due to earning any D or F grades, please register them for Credit Recovery You will find details and a list of our Credit Recovery courses here. Please check with your student’s Academic Counselor here at Mater Dei if you are unsure of which course(s) and semesters your student needs. Students can take up to 3 semesters in one Summer and each semester runs from June 18th-July 20th with July 4th as a holiday. Our preferred registration deadline is May 31st. We will make every effort to ensure that scheduling requests (e.g. specific periods) are accommodated if registration is completed by the preferred date. Late fees will apply starting June 17th.
- If your student is hoping to take a course over the Summer to advance in their coursework at Mater Dei, please register them for one of our Credit Advancement Most allow students to earn credit for a full year of a class! You will find details and a list of our Credit Advancement courses here. Students should check with their Academic Counselor and the relevant Department Chair to ensure that they qualify to take the course. Summer School runs from June 18th-July 20th with July 4th as a holiday. Late fees will apply starting June 17th.
- We also have short Preparatory Workshops for Honors/AP courses in most subject areas, Chemistry, Physics, College Application, Life Skills, and Financial Skills. Click here to see a catalog of our Workshops with schedules and pricing. These are a great way for students to get ahead and help ensure a smoother start to the new school year!
- And we offer Enrichment Workshops in Biotechnology, Art, and Astronomy. Click here to see a catalog of our Workshops with schedules and pricing.
Register early to reserve your spot! If your plans change, we will refund you if you contact us by June 17th (or if it’s a Workshop, then 48 hours before the start of the Workshop).
For detailed information on class schedules, course descriptions, fees, etc. and to register, please CLICK HERE to view our Summer School homepage.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thank you and God bless,
Mrs. Lawrence, Summer School Principal and
Ms. Olsen, Summer School Assistant Principal