Naviance Family Connection: College & Career Readiness Program
Each student at Mater Dei High School has access to Naviance, a comprehensive college and career planning program. Naviance can help students understand their unique strengths, connect their interests to career fields, explore college admissions stats specific to Mater Dei, match to best-fit colleges, learn from career leaders, and plan for life after high school.
All students are given a registration code for Naviance to create their accounts. If you have any issues accessing your account, please contact your counselor.
Some of the features on Naviance that benefit students include:
- College SuperMatch: Tool found under the "Colleges" Tab which searches colleges based on your selected conditions (location, size, majors, selectivity, athletics, private/public, and more) and gives you a list of schools and the percent they match your selections. This is a great way to explore different schools and find colleges that are a good fit.
- Career Interest Survey: Under the "Careers" Tab, take the Career Interest Inventory! This survey is based on the Holland career code, and the results give your top 3 career interest areas, and a list of careers that you maybe interested in.
- Admissions/Scattergrams: On specific colleges pages, view admissions data from past Mater Dei students for gauge of your likelihood for specific college admissions
- "Schools I'm Interested In/Applying To" Lists: You can search any school and add them to a saved list. Once you have listed a college you are interested in, you receive reminder emails letting you know when those colleges are coming to Mater Dei
- Tasks/Surveys: Counselors may assign tasks to make sure you complete all parts of the college search and application process, and surveys to help the Guidance office serve you better
- RoadTrip Nation: Under the "Careers Tab", select RoadTrip Nation to view a collection of videos on various careers and their leaders. Be inspired!