Welcome to the Mater Dei High School Counseling website. Our mission is to provide all students with a comprehensive school counseling program that encourages the development of the whole person, academically, emotionally, socially, spiritually, and vocationally. In partnership with teachers, administrators, parents/guardians, and a caring community, the school counselors support all students to become lifelong learners and leaders, committed to serving God and society with a profound sense of social justice, founded in love.
Mater Dei students are assigned to their counselor alphabetically by last name. Counselors are available to assist with academic guidance, college and career planning, and wellness counseling and referral. We provide individual meetings, family conferences, classroom lessons, student/parent workshops and more. Please see our menu of pages by topic for more information on our program and services.
The Mater Dei High School counseling office is located between the 400 and 700 wings, on the second floor above the library. The Registrar, Wellness Counselors, and International Student Director are also located in the counseling office.
We look forward to working with you!
What can I talk to my school counselor about?
|Academic Counseling||College & Career Counseling||Social, Emotional, Wellness Counseling|
- Feb. 10 - Zoom Career Day!
- Feb. 12, 19, 26 - Counseling + CHOC Workshops
- Every Friday at 11:15 in the Counseling Center - Sign up each week here!
- This Friday 2/12, CHOC + Counseling will be hosting another Workshop about Sleep Wellness. If you have been struggling to fall asleep, stay asleep, or are even curious about the phenomenon of sleep-- this workshop is perfect for you!
This workshop will be led by one of our CHOC team members, and we will answer the following questions:- Why is sleep so important?
- How does sleep affect mental health?
- How can I get better sleep?
- Feb. 15 - NO SCHOOL - President's Day!
- March 2 - FAFSA college financial aid DUE
- March 3 - NO SCHOOL - MD Holiday!
You are welcome to make an appointment to see your counselor via email. In order to control crowds this year in regards with social distancing policy, we request that all students email first before stopping by. Once you arrive, you will be asked to check in on your iPad. * Of course, if there is any emergency or urgent matter, feel free to come up and we will be able to accommodate you.
The MD school counselors are happy to meet with you (via phone call or Zoom meeting this school year). Please schedule an appointment with your student’s counselor through email. We also can respond to your questions via email. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response. Thank you!