Letters of Recommendation
COUNSELOR LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Seniors, the Guidance & Counseling Department would like to thank you in advance for completing the Senior Guidance Questionnaire. This questionnaire is very important, as the information you provide will assist your counselor when he/she writes letters of recommendation for you. Please respond to the questions honestly, thoughtfully, and thoroughly and provide specific examples whenever possible.
The 2019-2020 Counselor Letter of Recommendation Questionnaire can be found HERE. Please complete your questionnaire thoughtfully and thoroughly and upload to the google form link on the first page of the questionnaire.
For Counselor Letters of Recommendation:
- Please ask your counselor at least 3 weeks in advance of your first application due date (this does not include the holidays)
- Please complete and submit your Counselor Letter of Recommendation Questionnaire online
- Counselors will only write letters of recommendation after your submitted questionnaire is received. Counselors can submit your letters of recommendation and secondary school report only after you have ordered your official transcripts. Please send your transcript through Parchment
TEACHER LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
To request a teacher letter of recommendation, you must fill out the Teacher Recommendation Questionnaire. The Teacher Recommendation Questionnaire is different from the Senior Guidance Questionnaire, which is used for your Counselor Recommendations. The Teacher Questionnaire will assist your teachers in writing stronger recommendation letters for you, because they will be specifically addressing what you did in the classroom.
The information you provide will only be used in your letters of recommendation for college and scholarship applications. Please be as honest and thorough as possible when responding to the questions. Also, be sure to provide specific examples when applicable.
The Teacher Recommendation Questionnaire and instructions can be found here.
For Teacher Letters of Recommendation:
- Please ask your teacher at least 3 weeks in advance of your first application due date (this does not include the holidays)
- Please give your teacher a completed Teacher Recommendation Questionnaire (not your Counselor Letter of Recommendation Questionnaire)
- Teachers will not write letters of recommendation without this completed questionnaire.
- You will need to complete a separate questionnaire for each teacher.
*** Please remember to give your counselor and/or teacher at least 3 weeks notice before your deadline. Otherwise, your counselor/teacher may not have enough time to complete your secondary school reports and letters of recommendation.