Gifts that Cost You Nothing Over Your Lifetime
Interested in helping Mater Dei High School's Monarch Legacy Endowment Fund with our mission but feel overwhelmed by the thought of writing another check or giving up your assets today? A simple, flexible and versatile way to ensure we can continue our work for years to come is a gift in your will or living trust, known as a charitable bequest.
By including a bequest to Mater Dei High School in your will or living trust, you are ensuring that we can continue our mission for years to come. Your gift also entitles your estate to an unlimited federal estate tax charitable deduction. You can use the following assets to fund a bequest:
- Appreciated Securities
- Real Estate
- Tangible Personal Property
- Closely Held Stock
Passionate about supporting Mater Dei High School's Monarch Legacy Endowment Fund with our mission even after your lifetime? It's not only possible, it's easy to do with a beneficiary designation. Just name Mater Dei High School as a beneficiary to receive assets such as retirement plans and life insurance policies after you're gone. You simply fill out a form that is entirely separate from your will—which makes this approach an easy way to give.
Not only is it an easy way to give, but it's also flexible—you aren't locked into the choices you make today. You can review and adjust beneficiary designations anytime you want. You can name Mater Dei as the beneficiary of the following assets:
- Retirement Plan Assets
- Life Insurance
- Commercial Annuities
- Bank Accounts, Certificates of Deposit or Brokerage Accounts
- You transfer ownership of a paid-up life insurance policy to Mater Dei.
- Mater Dei cashes the policy now, or maintains it and receives the death benefit later.
- You receive gift credit and an immediate income tax deduction for the cash surrender value of the policy.
- You gain the satisfaction of making a significant gift to Mater Dei without adversely affecting your cash flow.