The Graduation Ceremony will be on Saturday, May 25, 2019, and will begin at 9:30 a.m. at:
BREN EVENTS CENTER
University of California, Irvine
The Seniors are to arrive at 8:00 a.m. and report to their homeroom teacher in the area assigned to their homeroom at Crawford Hall. Procession will begin promptly at 9:30 a.m.
- No purses, cell phones, cameras, etc. allowed during ceremony. Please leave with parent or in car.
- No leis/flowers may be worn during the ceremony
- No decorations on caps.
- No gum
Dress Code: Please remember to bring your regalia (cap, gown, and tassel) to the Bren Center.
- For Male Students: Dress slacks, dress shirt and tie, dress socks and dress shoes. Cleanly shaven, no lines/designs shaved on head. Earrings and tongue rings are NEVER permitted. Jeans, corduroys, cargo/carpenter and Dickies are NOT
- For Female Students: Dresses dress pants or pant suits, or skirts with blouses or sweaters and dress shoes (wedges are preferable). Dickies are not considered dress up slacks. Mini dresses and spaghetti straps are not permitted. All dresses must conform to Mater Dei dress code standards for modesty. Dresses cannot be more than 3 inches above the knee. Sandals or flip-flops are not permitted.
- Parents, please remind your students to leave personal items (purses, phone, cameras, etc.) with you or in their cars, as it is not possible to bring these items into the graduation ceremony.
- Please remember to arrive early at the UCI Bren Center for Saturday’s Graduation Ceremony since heavy traffic is anticipated. Doors open at 8:45 am and seating is on a first come, first serve basis.
- Air Horns are not allowed.
- No Smoking anywhere on campus
- No balloons inside the Bren Center
- Please note, your student can not wear any leis/flowers during the ceremony
- Handicap ramp will be available.
- Handicap parking is available in general parking structure.
- Irvine Police Directive –UCI security will be checking large bags or backpacks before entering the Graduation ceremony
SPECIAL ACCOMMODATIONS FOR GRADUATION:
Special accommodations will be available for attendees. For guests who need special accommodations, the center entrance doors (Northeast Entrance) will open at 8:15am. We ask that only ONE family member accompany each guest requiring special accommodations into the Bren Events Center. Everyone entering the Bren Events Center must have a ticket to the graduation celebration. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
For any questions, please contact Dimitra Triantos at firstname.lastname@example.org.