WHAT IS MONARCH CONNECTION?
Monarch Connection is an onboarding program designed for Freshmen students. It is adopted from the nationwide program known as Link Crew. It is designed to welcome and support 9th graders by connecting them with Connection Leaders, who are positive, responsible, hand-selected 11th and 12th graders. Connection Leaders will help them feel more comfortable as well as help them achieve success in their first year of high school. Leaders will meet with their groups during monthly Office Hours to check-in and discuss related topics that are specific to our 9th graders.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
- Every Freshman will receive an invitation in the mail to Monarch Connection Day. Those invitations will be going out this weekend. If they have not received the invitation by August 1, 2022, please email Mrs. Diana Neustadt at [email protected] to request one.
- A day or two before the big event, your child will also receive a phone call or email from their Connection Leader personally inviting them to Connection Day and providing details of where to be and what time. The Leaders can also answer any questions your student may have.
- Your student is encouraged not to bring backpacks, purses or other like items as the day is quite active.
- Because the day is active, please make sure that your student wears comfortable clothing that does not restrict movement. It is preferred that students wear a Mater Dei t-shirt or polo shirt with jeans or khakis.
- Cell phone use is not permitted on this day. Students are welcome to bring them, but they will need to be put away during the sessions.
- We encourage all students to bring a refillable water bottle. We will have water stations throughout the campus where bottles can be refilled.
PLEASE RSVP BY AUGUST 8