Back to School Information
Parent/Student Handbook & Signature Form
- 402: If the total number of class absences (non-exempt and unexcused) reaches 5 in a semester, a student will lose one unit of academic credit for that specific class. An additional unit of academic credit will be lost for every additional 5 absences.
Effective Communication with your Students' Teacher
Every student and teaching faculty member utilizes an Apple iPad Pro at Mater Dei, a device that enhances our students' learning and overall educational experience and prepares them for college and beyond.
Mater Dei integrates the iPad Pro into our music, theatre, choral and visual arts programs, as well as our many extracurricular programs. Not only is the iPad a formidable tool in advancing learning, but it also makes the classroom experience more dynamic and engaging for our students.
Mater Dei remains committed to providing its students with the best education possible, equipping them with the knowledge and tools they will need both now and in the future.
- Pick up their schedules.
- Pick up their new iPad Pros. These are pre-loaded with all individual information for students new to MD.
- Purchase their iPad case.
- Purchase an iPad charger if needed (students are welcome to use their own chargers or purchase one to use with their MD iPads).
- Purchase physical books, resources, and locks for their lockers.
- Purchase Mater Dei clothing such as t-shirts and sweatshirts.
Freshman & New Student Day of Welcome
We are asking all seniors to utilize one of the following times to get their ID cards in lieu of a formal orientation.
• Between 8:00AM – 2:00PM on August 8 (freshman day of welcome)
• Upper lunch on Wednesday August 14
• Upper lunch on Friday August 16
Additionally, parking passes can be picked up on ReDD days or during the orientation times the first week of school.
We are thankful for all of the support and cooperation getting around campus during construction and look forward to a wonderful 2019-2020 school year.
If you have not yet purchased your school uniforms from Vicki Marsha Uniforms for this fall, please do so as soon as possible! You may visit VMU’s store or if you know your sizes, place your order online or by phone. By mid-August there could be a long wait and your order may not be completely filled in time for the beginning of school.
Certified Enrollment Counselors who speak English, Spanish and Vietnamese help consumers understand the importance of health insurance and provide assistance through Covered CA Health Exchange Marketplace, created as part of the Affordable Care Act. They assist consumers to apply free of charge for health coverage.
(800) 827-4695 www.myers-stevens.com
Kaiser is a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) which allows them to offer medical coverage utilizing Kaiser Physicians and providers. With this insurance plan, you are obligated to receive care only from Kaiser Facilities and providers. Individual and family plans are available.
(800) 488-3590 https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/shop-plans#individual-and-family-plans
Click here for opportunities in Performing Arts