Thank you for your interest in Mater Dei High School. Admissions applications are now available for 10th and 11th grade students who wish to attend Mater Dei during the 2018-19 school year. If you are an 11th grader interested in transferring in the Spring, please contact our Admissions Office at (714) 754-1175.
Transfer applicants must have a minimum 2.0 GPA with no "F" grades on their transcript. Transfer applicants with D grades in any subject on their transcript may be considered for admission to Mater Dei High School; however, please be advised that D grades that are not remediated prior to applying to Mater Dei may impact the decision of our Admissions Committee as well as a student’s admission to college. Students must be currently enrolled in an accredited school. Transfer students are accepted based on space availability. We cannot guarantee admission.
Mater Dei High School adheres to C.I.F. transfer eligibility rules for athletes. Please click here to review a message from the CIF Commissioner regarding transfer student athletes and eligibility. Once a student attends a class and is continuously enrolled for 15 school days in the 9th grade, and/or has taken classes subsequent to the completion of the 8th grade, at any school or has played in an interscholastic athletic contest, the CIF will count that as the student's first semester of high school eligibility (204.A)
Students entering the 12th grade are normally not considered for transfer to Mater Dei. Please contact the admissions office at (714) 754-1175 with questions in this regard.
See admissions application process below for how to obtain an application.
Mater Dei High School accepts and reviews applications on a rolling basis as space is available. You will not be considered for acceptance to Mater Dei High School until your online application is completed. The Application includes:The online application includes:
- Application Form
- Application Fee of $75.00
- Parent Letter
- Student Letter
- 7th & 8th Grade Transcript
- Progress Report for your current semester
- High School Unofficial Transcript, which includes the most recent semester completed (printed at your school office)
- E-recommendation Letter from a current teacher, counselor or principal
- Disciplinary Clearance Form
- Parish Verification Letter - (if student is Catholic) - Please take this form to your Parish Office. They will give you instructions on how they will return the form to Mater Dei. We will also accept a copy of your child’s baptismal certificate. This form is required to qualify for the Catholic Tuition Rate and must be received by February 2019, if you are applying for need-based financial aid. For non-Catholic students, this will be used as an additional recommendation for your student; however, it is not required.
- Copy of Birth Certificate, Passport and/or Green Card (if applicable)
- Immunization Records and TB Screening Form: please download the forms from your admissions portal account and have them completed by a medical provider.
- Transfer Student Interview: Once the application is complete, the student will be scheduled for an admissions interview
FACTS Tuition Agreement and Registration (FINAL STEP) – April 2018
During this time, Mater Dei will send you information via e-mail to set up your tuition agreement through FACTS Tuition Management for the 2017-18 school year. You will also receive additional registration information to access our online student information system in order to finalize your child’s enrollment into the school.
This final step is imperative for freshman and transfer applicants to confirm that they will be attending Mater Dei High School in the fall. Should you choose not to enroll your child in the fall, we kindly request you let us know in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org during the tuition agreement and final registration process.